Monday 28 November 2011

First Impressions

So I finally arrived 6 hours inland from Brisbane, and 18 hours from Alexandra. Things are going okay, the drive up went fine, except for the last little bit which isn't a sealed road. The main road was fine it was the trip up the M's driveway that was the worst. Mr.M had said it was okay, and I thought I was going to die!! Having never done any off road driving so all I had to go off was things I had read and since I got through without getting bogged I suppose I did alright. My pretty car is COVERED in mud, (not that I hadn't expected this) and it is just hitting me that I will have to go back and forth on that driveway every day... I might have to leave a bag of things at the M's place just in case it rains a heap.
I spent today with Mrs.M and two of the three kids, baby G (12 months) and little A (3)we did a lot of baking ready for a baby shower tomorrow.
At the end of the day driving up to the cottage I share with another nanny I had a little cry and I doubted my ability to do this, living so far from people I know and care about, and coping with the isolation, having so little phone service... But I want to do this. I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes you can :) miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that cry a few times in the last 14 years of governessing. The moment when you think SH*T what have I gotten myself in for. I think it is the moment before you suck it up and straighten your spine.

    Don't worry it gets easier. The best idea is just to stay busy and find out as much as you can about your new environment. Find stuff you love.

    Well done with the driving most girls would have had the same reaction

    ReplyDelete