Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Start of the Rain

So here we are. I wonder how many times this will happen this summer. I couldnt get to work today as the M's driveway was to wet to even attempt, and it looks like there is more rain coming tonight and for the next week. How long I will be stuck up at the cottage for?
Yesterday afternoon I noticed the change in the colours, on the drive up to the cottage the dirt road is bright red, almost shining in contrast to the green of the grass alongside, as you drive up the hill, the grass dims to a light brown overlaying the green where the cattle have yet to graze, that is where the dirt of the road changes to tan, it is as if the light and colour has seeped down the hill and into the ground there.
The rain beats a steady rhythm on the roof, and little streams run down the yard and onto the road, on the up side, maybe some of the dirt will be washed off my car...

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a camera. Put it in the car and post a picture. I love outback colours.

    Great start to your blogging.

    ReplyDelete